My son and I made these together yesterday and he said, “That was the most fun I’ve ever had!” I can’t promise all kids will have that reaction to making fat bombs but I have to say it really was fun to make the swirls! I let him do each and every one. If you have a little helper let them know to only swirl the top of the chocolate or else the chocolate may break when trying to get them out of the mold! I lost a few because of this however most of them were intact.
There’s only one tricky part to making these and that’s the temperature of the strawberries and the cream. You will have to warm these in the microwave to keep the coconut oil from immediately solidifying when adding it in.
Whenever you are making fat bombs you want to think warm not hot. Let the butter cool off after melting it and all your ingredients will stay combined when you freeze them!
When I spooned out the strawberry swirl I used a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon and nearly ran out of the strawberry mix. So when you do it you can either use a 1/2 tsp but don’t fill it all the way to the top or you can use 1/4 tsp to be sure you get all of them!
I promised my son I would include the picture below because he believes this is the best one we got yesterday! 😀 I am trying my best to keep the blog alive over the summer and stick with at least 2 posts a week. It’s been very difficult though! Haha! I’m going to keep trying because this really is the most fun I’ve ever had creating these recipes!!
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar equivalent
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 30 grams strawberries mashed
- 2 tbsp sugar equivalent
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in the microwave being careful to not overheat it. If it's boiling when it comes out then set it aside to cool for about 5-10 mins.
- Add 4 tbsp coconut oil, cocoa powder, and sweetener to the melted butter and combine well with an immersion blender. Set aside.
- Mash strawberries and add 1 tbsp heavy cream. Microwave until warm about 10 seconds and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter being careful to not overheat. Let it cool off if it comes out boiling hot.
- Mix together the warm strawberry mix, coconut oil, sweetener and butter. Use a stick blender or whisk very fast to get this all the way combined.
- Portion out the chocolate into a silicone mold. You can make 24 thin layers or approximately 12 thicker layers (just be sure to leave some room for the strawberry swirl.)
- With a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon add the strawberry to the center of your fatbombs and swirl with a toothpick. (Make sure to keep the strawberry layer on top and don't mix so much that it sinks to the bottom or your fatbombs will be harder to get out of the silicone mold later.)
- Freeze for 20 mins and release the chocolate from your mold. Store in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
- 49 Calories; 6g Fat ; trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .16 net carbs
- 98 Calories; 11g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .33 net carbs