Miracle of miracles and will wonders never cease… So I have this great big 8 inch round casserole dish. I have used it in the microwave to make pizza bread. I was looking at it this weekend and thought to myself, “I wonder if I double the fudge chocolate cookie recipe…if I could make that a crust to a no bake cheesecake.” Wouldn’t that be great? It would be the easiest cheesecake I have ever made for sure. It turns out it is great and easy.
Who doesn’t get excited when they see a giant cookie? I had to walk around showing it to my family after this came out of the microwave.
A mountain of creamy deliciousness.
I can’t believe how easy this was! It’s very exciting and I can’t wait to play around with the flavors and cookie crusts. This has so many possibilities. I have actually never made a no bake cheesecake before now. Craziness.
Three hours after chilling I have a fantastic slice of cheesecake. The one catch is that, the day of making this, the crust will set up very firmly in the refrigerator. So you must take it out of the fridge and let it come up in temperature before serving. This takes about 10-15 mins. All of this changes overnight though and it’s a perfect cookie crust the following day. I think it’s just perfect. Any other crust would get soggy a day later and this one stays soft, yet firm, and maintains it’s “cookie-ness” days later.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 2 tbsp Truvia (about 1/3 cup sugar equivalent)
- one piece sugar free chocolate mixed with coconut oil (optional topping)
- Melt butter in the microwave and add the vanilla.
- Combine almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, Truvia and mix well.
- Add butter, vanilla, and both egg yolks to your dry mix and combine well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread mix into a greased 8 inch round casserole dish.
- Microwave for 2 mins in a 1200 watt microwave. (If watts are lower additional time will be needed)
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave.
- Whip heavy cream and set aside in the fridge. (You can add 1/8-1/4 tsp xanthan gum to your whipped cream to get it to come together faster but this is optional).
- Combine truvia and cream cheese well and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread over cookie crust and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Take this out 10-15 minutes ahead of time if serving the day of making.
- serves 6.
- Per Slice: 319 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5 net carbs!