This is just another simple fat bomb recipe. I almost made plain chocolate fat bombs but then I saw the coffee extract in my cabinet. I couldn’t resist. I bought this smiley pop mold at Michael’s a few months ago and today I finally got the chance to use it. I bought 6 inch pop sticks but that is way too long for this project. They refuse to stay put at that length. Luckily once I cut them in half it worked out perfectly.
I pushed the sticks all the way up to make sure they wouldn’t fall out. Each smiley holds one tablespoon of the mocha fat bombs which left me with two tablespoons leftover. I just poured that into another mold.
It will look like it won’t work because part of the stick will be showing but that’s good enough! This was so much fun not having to eat it all at once, using the stick like a popsicle, and getting to enjoy my fat bomb one lick at a time!
I just store them in a Tupperware container in the freezer. I thought of this because my son really dislikes the way my “healthy” chocolate melts so quickly. I couldn’t resist putting coffee flavoring in it this time but I will do something more kid friendly the next time I make these pops! I promise.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp coffee extract
- 12 tsp sugar equivalent (4 tbsp)
- Melt butter in the microwave until it's about half way melted and stir until it's all liquid. Add in the 2 tbsp heavy cream and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, coffee extract and sweetener.
- Once the butter is warm and not hot add to the coconut oil mixture and blend well. A stick blender works great for this.
- On a small baking sheet set out mold with pop sticks and pour a tablespoon into each well.
- Carefully place baking sheet into your freezer making sure that it's level for 20 mins. If you're not making pops then pour into any mold you like and freeze for about 20 mins.
- 83 Calories; 9g Fat; trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
- 991 Calories; 112g Fat; 2g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate;