This is a recipe for an ingredient that you are going to love. It’s exactly the same as the chocolate crust recipe cut in half. This is a fantastic topping for whipped cream, an addition for ice cream recipes, you can add it to cheesecake, or in milk shakes.
I use liquid splenda for this. I think it’s important to add it to the melted chocolate before incorporating into the dry ingredients as well as mixing it with the butter. This will make sure it’s sweetened the whole way through. I do one quarter cup sugar equivalent for each the butter and the chocolate for this recipe.
This just takes 15 mins to bake up. When it’s done, let it cool on a rack. All you have to do at that point is scrape it out with a spoon. It crumbles rather easily and will have some bigger pieces for that ultimate cookies and cream texture.
How crazy is it that I got a heart shaped crunchy from this batch? It’s perfect because I do so love these chocolate crunchies.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 oz baker's chocolate (30 grams)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar equivalent (1/4 tsp ez sweetz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt Bakers chocolate and add in sweetener, mix thoroughly set aside. Melt butter and add in sweetener, mix thoroughly. Put butter in the fridge to solidify again (about 20 mins).
- Combine dry ingredients (Almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt) and mix well.
- Add chocolate and butter and with a mixer, blend until it's a crumbly dough and ingredients are all incorporated. Do not ver mix it.
- Bake for 15 mins and let cool completely.
- Scrape out of the pan with a fork or spoon to create your crunchies.
- 59 Calories; 6g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1 net carb